Dear Students, Staff, and Parents:
Our commitment at Washington Elementary School is to empower students to become independent and responsible thinkers, foster academic and moral excellence, and promote creativity resulting in responsible, productive citizens.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of Washington Elementary School. It is the contribution of our students to our school and community that makes Washington an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
Below are our Belief Statements:
• Education is certainly worth the commitment of time, money, and effort.
• Education is a cooperative effort of parents, students, staff, and community.
• All students are unique individuals with varied interest and abilities.
• All students can be successful learners based on their ability.
• All students have a right to be educated to the fullest potential.
• Individual guidance is critical to maximize each student's potential.
• Students should be encouraged to explore their potential.
• High expectations directly affect performance.
• Every individual has worth and deserves respect and dignity.
• A nurturing, safe environment is conducive to learning.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am honored to serve as your principal.